1) CODE OF ETHICS--Both (a), (b), and (c) below must be reviewed.
a. Ethics Overview
b. Sexual Misconduct
c. Sexual Harassment
2) CHILD ABUSE OR NEGLECT- Both (a), (b), and (c) below must be reviewed.
a. School Board Policy Regarding Report of Child Abuse or Neglect (Policy JGI)
b. Overview on Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse or Neglect (Please print this page for reference during the school year.)
c. Educators are required to report reasonable suspicion of child abuse or neglect. This "Mandated Reporter" requirement is part of Georgia Law (O.C.G.A.§ 19-7-5). While there is no liability in reporting suspected abuse, failure to do so can result in misdemeanor charges. (This link is to the Georgia Code Free Public Access site. You will need to enter 19-7-5 in the search box to find the document.)
3) DRUG FREE WORKPLACE POLICY
School Board Policy Regarding a Drug-Free Workplace (Policy GAMA)
4) SELF-REPORT OF CRIMINAL CHARGES
School Board Policy Regarding Responsibility to Report Criminal Charges to Employer (Policy GBU)
5) EMPLOYEE LEAVES AND ABSENCES
School Board Policy Regarding Leaves and Absences (Policy GBRH)
6) INTERNET AND COMPUTER ACCEPTABLE USE
a. School Board Policy Regarding Internet Acceptable Use (Policy IFBG)
b. Computer Use and Maintenance Agreement
7) BULLYING In accordance with Georgia Law, the Colquitt County Board of Education prohibits bullying and requires employees to report bullying incidents to administrators.
Putting a Stop to Bullying
8) SUICIDE PREVENTION
Suicide Prevention Information
9) UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS
Universal Precautions Overview
10) EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK
NOTE: Colquitt County School System employees are responsible for adhering to all School Board Policies. All policies of the Colquitt County Board of Education can be found using the "Policies" tab on eBoardsolutions.